Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My First Site Plan


I'm a little too brain fried to compose a decent post about this right now, but here's a quick shot of my very first site plan! It's a conceptual re-design of a sadly neglected playground the university owns. I presented my plan twice, first to the head of the department, and second to a local practicing landscape architect. They both had some valuable criticism to give, and pointed out many details I wouldn't have even considered. I definitely have a lot to learn. They also had a bunch of nice things to say, so I think overall it went as well as could be expected for my first time out. Chest bumps all around!

Here are a couple of shots of earlier models that were part of the design process:




Tomorrow we're going on a field trip to Portland to check out innovative landscape sites (mostly parks) around the west side of town. I'm already familiar with most of them, so it'll be interesting to see what our professor has to say about them. More importantly, I'm going to stick around town for Friday, too, and try to wrangle myself into the schedules of at least a few of the people I miss. Watch out, Stumptown! I'm on the loose.

2 comments:

Vanjarama Split said...

Come to the show at Laurelhurst tonight!!!

Oh, and ps, yr captchas are never real words.

madeline said...

Um... captcha is not a real word.