Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Change


Hello there. I find myself at a time of transition, and it makes me realize how many things have changed since I last posted anything on this here interbot blog. I'll do a long post tonight, but to start off, here's the short list of top things that have happened in the past 2 years that are highly significant to me, personally.

1) I got a job as a design lead at XPLANE wherein I got paid to draw stick figures in front of corporate big-wigs (and subsequently got too busy to blog at work).
2) Barack Obama replaced George Bush, and Michelle Obama became the best first lady *ever.* Next step: get the Obamas to adopt me as their third (but eldest) child.
3) I got seriously single.
4) I got into the Masters program for Landscape Architecture at University of Oregon! Wa hoo!

All major, exciting changes. I'm a little sad to be leaving my great job and talented coworkers behind, and I'm seriously bummed to be moving away from Portland and all of my fabulous friends for three years (I fear Eugene), but this grad program is going to be amazing. Things are falling into place one by one as if the Universe and I are in cahoots. More on all that later. Just wanted to say a quick hello. Hello! More soon...

2 comments:

lost teeth said...

mad, you are back!! and now i finally know what u are going to grad school for, that is so exciting!!!

madeline said...

Thanks, Talia! I'm super excited. I went down to Eugene today, though, and I decided I fear undergrads even more than hippies. I think I need to practice acting old and boring to make sure they won't talk to me...