Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Happy Stuff

apparently no one liked my last post (i was told it was depressing old news), so here are some pictures that are happy old news instead. back to the subject of... ME. and MY BIRTHDAY. which happened THREE MONTHS AGO. so there.


this is johnny punchclock. they played songs in my dining room. they were fabulous. and they sang about happy things like alcoholism and heartbreak. also pictured is the back of vanj. she has a helluva back.


someone was so excited about the band that they etchaskethed their name. nice.


here are ruth and will at my birthday party. ruth and will are my housemates. i am happy they are my housemates. they are happy people. sometimes ruth tells you not to worry about trivial things, because in the end, you are going to die alone. she helps put things in perspective like that.


...and this is a puppy shopping for bones. it has nothing to do with my birthday, but it is happy. because, you know, puppies like shopping.

and they lived happily ever after.

7 comments:

Damian said...

Somebody should tell that puppy that eventually everything in the universe will break apart into individual particles, and all will be lost... all will be lost.

Awww, puppies.

madeline said...

does that mean it doesn't matter if i don't pay my phone bill? nihilism is fun!

dr. teeth said...

where's the pictures of ME from your birthday?!?!? i moved all the way back from california just to play yer stupid (awesome) party, and i even threw out my knee during the set, don't i even get a picture?!?

madeline said...

sorry zach, i am lame. i only took 2 pictures the entire night. i then drank beer and forgot about my camera. i'm was hoping someone else took pictures and would offer to send them to me, but so far no luck. you were a highlight of the evening, though, that's for sure. i've never seen my dining room look so brooding before or since. thanks again.

freakpowertix said...

hi, mads!

blogging!

: )

freakpowertix said...

btw... didja see the johnny punchclock vids i posted? in my buzznet...

madeline said...

yes i did, ted. in fact, i googled their name to try to find contact info for them, and your video was one of the top links. you must be a popular young man.