Thursday, June 29, 2006

My Running Start

ok, so i've had this here interbot journal (sort of) set up for over a year now. occasionally i've used it to post comments a-step-up-from-anonymously, but my intention has always been to start writing... eventually. so here i go. lots of exciting letters and spaces and punctuation, all following each other neatly in a row. so far so good. let's see if i can put up a picture:


i'm on a one-season hiatus from playing kickball, but i still show up occasionally to cheer and take action shots. this is etta catching the ball at third base. she has her game face on. her other face is more smiley.


here, the team (team name: kickball the team. i am not kidding.) is singing happy birthday to somone on the opposing team as their end-of-the-game cheer.


our illustrious captain instated a new team policy this season: hugs instead of high-fives in the "good game" line-up. the other team is bewildered, but not displeased.

that seemed to go ok. we'll see if i stay true to my intentions and start posting here regularly. i am aware it is a long shot. i may need to start leading a more interesting life, so as to kindle an uncontrollable desire to publish the lurid tales of my escapades for the benefit of the unwashed masses. in any case, i promise to try. (if you all promise to wash your masses.)

6 comments:

dandan said...

Yay for Madsblogs! I have similar worries about posting regularly on my blog. I find that I write more often when people give feedback or cheer me on. So..


Huzzah huzzah for Mads and her blogzzah!

-Haps

serapio said...

woohoo!

madeline said...

thanks, guys. yer the best.

Damian said...

Thanks for the heads up about the new blog.... NOT!

(BTW, my writing NOT is to negate the previous phrase, in a sarcastically ironical way.)

Alternate usage...

Madeline sure didn't tell her family she was writing a new weblog... IS!

serapio said...

"Madeline sure didn't tell her family she was writing a new weblog... IS!"

I like that construction. I'm going to have to figure out how to say that with supremely annoying regularity.

claire said...

I don't see anyone actually kicking a ball -- this is more like a catch-ball and hug team so far. Much more fun than anything I played in school!